Sunday, July 17, 2005

Alan at bat...

Our softball league hit the tough part of the schedule today with a double header against the other undefeated team in the league. (I guess an update would be needed. After the first freezing game, it was the Brayton vs. Brayton match in a 100mph dust storm while staring into the sun. That was followed by the first pleasant weather game where I finally got comfortable and got a hit on my fifth at bat of the year...ok, you're all caught up) So the elements at Indian Valley College continue to insist on being a part of our league as the 11th team. It must've been at least a hundred degrees out there with not a lick of shade out to be found. We tried to save our strength by enacting the 12 run rule on the other team. But two games in the heat was rough. We were up 11-0 in the second game when the wheels came off. We lost in the last at bat 12-11. I think I would have been more shocked if I wasn't suffering from heat exhaustion. With more boys than girls I only got four at bats in two games, but I got a hit on all of them. Still in first place and our team is really settling in with contributions from everyone (oh, and Britt is getting playing time too filling in when we are short girls), I think we will challenge for the crown this year.

No comments: