Thursday, April 14, 2005

A regular mold mine...

My sister is generally thought of as being more prone to sickness than most people. Her husband Chris (wow, I think the first time I referred to him as such) would call my sister a "petri dish." I love that name (I wonder if she knows...well, she does now)...I think of it now because everyone in my household is currently sick. Hannah has croup, which is basically a viral infection of the larynx. It gives her the nastiest coughs, especially at night. Sara has an ear infection, somewhat common for her age when she gets a cold. Britt has a kind of adult version of croup I guess, cough that hurts her chest, runny nose, and her eye sneezes (Not really a sneeze, I guess. More of a rapid watering of the eye...you have to see it to get it). I am trying to stiff arm all of that the best I can. My throat hurts a little when I swallow (remember those old commercials? "It hurts when I swallow.." with the little girl...chloraseptic I think it was...) but I think I'm ok for now. It was a lot easier when it was just Hannah, more control over what my kid is exposed to. With two kids to swap germs back and forth, one kid bringing germs from school, someone always seems to have something. I'm surprised my sister still comes over to visit...guess my kids are kind of cute after all...

No comments: