Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Spring already?

Like a grumpy bear, I come out of my winter hibernation to update you on things going on. What was so great that it brings me out of hiding, Jack Bauer style, you ask? A little tirade about a little gift called a parking ticket.

Britt went down to Southern California for the weekend to accompany her brother for an audition to possibly attend Long Beach state and visit some relative. Like a good husband, I not only pulled kids duty all weekend, but I also took Monday off because Britt got home at like 3 in the morning Sunday night. So here I was, Monday morning, dropped off Hannah at school, watched the Doodlebops with Sara, read the paper, when I went out to retrieve the trash and recycling bin. And what awaited me when I walked outside? That little slip of paper flapping in the windshield of my car.

I didn't even know there WAS street cleaning on my street, let alone when they are. I looked up and down the street for a sign and found that the nearing sign is three houses away -- in each direction. That's right, I live exactly in the middle of two signs. I didn't even know they were there. (Incidentally, I still don't know when street cleaning day is. It was too far to walk either direction) So the ONE day I stay home was probably the only day of the month that I can't park in front of my own house....Nothing spoils a day off from work than the thought that the first hour or two of work the next day is being spent paying off the stupid parking ticket you got the day before. I'm such a loser....

No comments: