Sunday, August 10, 2008

We Now Interrupt This Regularly Schedule Vacation Slide Show...

Vacation memories aside, we also returned to an important point in Britt's pregnancy. She had an ultrasound appointment on Thursday where the sex of the baby can be determined. We had gone the surprise route with our first two kids so we decide to try it the other way and find out. We had a lot of well wishers who was pulling for some balance in the family and hoped for a boy this time around, but it was not meant to be. Come Christmas time, we will welcome our third blessing into the world. As with the first two kids, the sex doesn't really matter. We are still very excited and look forward to her arrival. Now we are getting a lot of official offers from people who have a lot of hand-me-down dresses that they want to pass along. I am ok with that. People often want to find out so they can start planning and have everything ready. For me, it just gives me more time to think and wonder and worry whether I will have everything ready. I mean, I have no excuse to NOT be ready. I've known what was coming for five months! So prepare we will. Hannah and Sara are very excited about getting a new little sister, and want to be good little helpers to their mom. We'll see how long that lasts....

1 comment:

nicole said...

A girl! Alan, it seems you are destined to be surrounded by beautiful women.