Monday, December 06, 2004

Trials of fatherhood...

I have two daughters. People always ask me if I am concerned about raising two girls and having to deal with boys messing with them when they are older. Well the short answer is "yes" and the long answer is "hell yes." I'm devising a plan of contractually obligating them to hold off on dating until 30...minors can sign legal agreements with their own parents, right?

I'd never thought I would already have to shiny up my shotgun, however, for my barely five year old...We got a call at home the other night at around 9:30 or so from one of Hannah's classmates. We (regretfully) gave him our number because we had invited him over for our Halloween, and then Hannah's party (which was only because he ask to come over to our house EVERYDAY after school)...Anyway he asked to talk to Hannah, to which I told him that she was already asleep. He apparently didn't like that answer though, and said in a much sterner tone,"LET...ME...TALK...TO...HANNAH!" I was almost too shocked to respond. I just maintained that she was already in bed and that she would see him tomorrow...

Amazingly enough, he called back an hour later! Why isn't this kid in bed? Why does his parents let him be on the phone? What do five year olds have to talk about on the phone? I once again told him that Hannah was already asleep. His response was, "Go wake her up!" ...Now I think that him being five was good for him...I think the law would be much more forgiving if I killed a teenager messing with my daughter....I was flabbergasted to say the least. I said no again and he asked to talk to Hannah's mom...I got to find out where he lives...

No comments: