Saturday, January 22, 2005

Driving in TV Land...

See what you get when you whine enough? I whined a few minutes about missing my favorite show, and I get blessed by the news that season one of Scrubs is coming to DVD...Maybe I should whine about not having a million dollars, or how I have to work FIVE whole days a week, or maybe just how I need someone to come mow my lawn for me...
I do find that I am watching more TV lately. Still not enough time to watch anything regularly, but I have finally seen some stuff that I have been meaning to for a long time. So here are some shows that I might watch regularly if I had TiVo:

- First off, I'd like to say that I am proud that I have never seen a whole epidsoe of any reality show. (Well, not since Real World San Francisco anyway...back when there was one reality show) I don't watch them for lots of reasons, really. Mostly because I think they are dumb. I get sucked in from time to time when I flip channels but then I realize I can never make the commitment to watch a whole season and see how things turn out so I don't bother. Besides, I have a reality show of my own called, "Watch my sometimes funny kids wreak havoc around the house."

- Chapelle Show - I do watch it whenever I find it on. I don't think there is anything funnier on TV as far as him pushing the envelope. That black white supremacist thing still has me shaking my head...

- Arresting Development - I finally watched this recently and I do agree that this is an excellently written show. It's really smart and unlike anything else on (reminds me of something I would watch on HBO...if I get HBO...which I don't). I still like the silliness of Scrubs better (which for the record, I do think is a notch less funny this season. I haven't really fallen out of my chair this season like I have in the past) but I should make time for this.

- The West Wing - I think I might be one of the last person on this planet to watch this for the first time. I liked it. While I have no idea what the storylines are I can certainly see that it's very well written and very well acted. Maybe I will find someone with the DVD and watch it sometimes...

- There are a few others that I catch whenever I find them on: The Simpsons (most timeless show ever), Family Guy (glad they are coming back. freaking hilarious), certain shows on Food Network (more later, I think my next post)...I definitely would watch more TV with TiVo because kids do not adhere to your TV schedule (Unless it's Sesame Street or Spongebob). Maybe I will whine about not getting my share of quality TV...wish can come true anytime now...I'll be home tomorrow between 9am and 1pm...

1 comment:

arthur decko said...

i love scrubs, reminds me of a grown up "parker lewis can't lose" which i think was the best show ever and i wish it would be on dvd. good eats is my favorite food network show. i miss tv now.