Monday, January 03, 2005

Movie night...

Found some time away from the kids to watch 'Spanglish' tonight (that and we got one of those free ticket thingies from buying an Adam Sandler DVD). I liked it. I wouldn't say I'm a James L. Broks fan, I like his movies ok. I do like that his movies really just look at people and their interactions with each other, especially family. The movie doesn't have a huge plot, just a single mom from Mexico who gets a job as a housekeeper for a dysfunctional LA family. At the same time there is a lot of little things that make up the movie. There are funny moments, poignant moments, a bit of a love story here, shows the clash of culture there. It was just a movie about life, albeit an exagerated version for entertainment purposes. Sometimes quieter movies are good. I'll watch something blow up tomorrow...

On a similar note I watched 'Garden State' on DVD last night. I am a huge Scrubs and Zach Braff fan and I was very impressed with his writing and directing debut. It's a great story about finding yourself and...well, see above. And that Natalie Portman....mmm a girl with a brain as beautiful as her face....anyway, watch it when you get a chance.

No comments: